Eating an anti-inflammatory diet will decrease the pain that you feel day to day and will make your body stronger to fight disease and illness. The recent research shows that if you eat a healthy diet to keep your body un-inflamed and not acidic, diseases will not occur in your body. Inflammation is a major cause of the pain that you feel, this is the way to eliminate it. This diet includes foods that need to be eliminated and how to find the foods that are good for you in the grocery store.
FOODS TO ELIMINATE FROM YOUR DIET
1.Polyunsaturated Fats (these fats lead to heart disease and cancer). These fats are in vegetable oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil and other cooking oils. The oils to use to cook are Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil. All fats (oil and butter) should be bought organic if possible.
2. Simple Sugars: (these sugars spike our insulin levels, which leads to diabetes and makes us feel tired soon after we eat. Also, sugar has been recently linked to cancer and been classified as a carcinogen) These sugars are in white bread, juice, pop, cereal, white flour, candy, cookies, cakes, and crackers.
3. Trans-Fats: Any label that says “Partially Hydrogenated” contains trans fats. These are found in margarine, and baked goods such as cookies, crackers, and candy. Trans fats cause heart disease.
4. : Phosphates take calcium out of bone which leads to osteoporosis. These are found in pop and milk. If you need milk, the best way to buy it is raw and organic, so that the milk is not pasteurized.
5. Anything artificial is not natural or good for us. Artificial Sweeteners are neurotoxins (which means they destroy nerves, especially in your brain), and they are biological hazards.
6. : Processed foods break down too quickly in your body and lead to diabetes, inflammation, fatigue and increased acidity in your body. All of these conditions in your body cause disease to occur! These foods are found mostly in the aisles of the grocery store.
7. Fast Food: Fast food is the most harmful food to our bodies that you can buy, stay away from it! If you want to see the effects that fast food can have on our bodies, watch the movie Supersize Me.
8. No Diet – It is thought that there would be 50% less disease in America if these two drugs were eliminated. Alcohol and Cigarettes raise inflammation in our bodies more than many of the foods that are mentioned above. Remember, cigarettes not only kill you, but those around you!
FOODS THAT NEED TO BE REDUCED IN THE DIET
1. Red Meat and Chicken: When these meats are broken down in our bodies, they are broken down into acids which create inflammatory chemicals that cause pain and disease. When shopping, the only reason to go into the aisles should be to get your oils and whole wheat flour. You should be able to do 95% of your shopping around the perimeter of the store. Eating a healthy diet will help get rid of your pain the way your drugs do but without the side effects!
THE HEALTHY WAY TO EAT (FOR LIFE, NOT FOR A DIET)
1. Eat fruits and vegetables liberally-they should be very colorful deep green or very bright colors.
2. If you eat meat, eat grass fed meat.
3. Omega 3 Fatty Acids: found in cold water fish (salmon or mackerel), omega 3 eggs and sardines. You can also get this from supplementation. EPA/DHA is the most important form of omega 3 fatty acids in supplementation; other forms are flaxseed oil or fish oil.
4. Drink Water– our bodies are 80% water, and for our bodies to create new cells (which are the foundation of life) we need at least half of our body weight, in ounces, of water daily. The amount of water intake increases if you exercise daily, or sweat a lot.
5. Drink Green Tea: Green Tea with ginger is the best, due to ginger’s ability to decrease inflammation in your body. Green Tea is filled with antioxidants which destroy tissue killing chemicals called free radicals. Excess free radicals lead to illness, disease and eventually, death.
6. Use organic fats-olive oil or coconut oil and butter.
7. When you snack-eat fruit or nuts(almonds or walnuts)
8. Meat should only be 25% of your meal-vegetables should be the rest.
9. See Supplement Chart-remember the RDA values are generalizations; do not take them if your other doctors advise against due to illness. 10. Use extra virgin olive oil based salad dressing- an example is balsamic vinaigrette. There are many recipes on the internet to use olive oil for dressings. 11. The most important supplementation to get is- Magnesium, Multi-vitamin, Calcium, EPA/DHA (omega 3 fatty acids), Coenzyme Q10, Ginger and Garlic.
If you would like to learn more about all natural joint pain relief options then Learn More by Clicking_Here.